Go Back   SZONE.US Forums > Current Events > Science > Health

Health Who we are, what we are, and what we need

Medical

Ammendment to the medical world

Views:1802
Unread 08.31.03, 11:08 PM
DEDfish

Ammendment to the medical world

ok..........don't think I'm breakin any forum rules posting about a newly adopted legal prescription.

World news report today.........Holland makes cannabis a legal prescription drug !!!!!! And yes........in Holland herb is tolerated.....but in a coffeeshop.one is permitted to purchase up to 5 grms a visit.....

Crack cocaine is a drug..........Herb is the way of the walk |smokin
Unread 09.08.03, 11:16 AM
Arkane

OK... how is it that we can have forum rules on nudity, swearing and personal attacks... yet posting about weed is perfectly fine? Maybe it's because so many seem to "partake"- but we need to remember that there are plenty of kids that are on here. Yeah, an awful lot seem to already be lighting up, but some are also just getting to the point where they're deciding for themselves what is and is not best for them.

Are we trying to send the message that looking at a beautiful woman is wrong... or swearing a blue streak is wrong... but go ahead and light up a fatty, Johnny, that's cool?

Seems like a double-standard to me. Don't get me wrong- I won't let my daughter get anywhere near this forum for a while... heck, I don't let her get on the internet unsupervised yet... but my point is, that we have these other rules in place to protect - yet we seem to have this one glaring ommission.
Unread 09.08.03, 11:26 AM
Mad-A-Skilz

Good point, tough call.

If it did not pertain to foreign law and it simply glorified the act of lighting up, I'd have deleted it already. But, seeing as how this is actual news, I don't see it as a double standard.
Unread 09.08.03, 12:38 PM
Dragoon

nm
Unread 09.08.03, 12:38 PM
Dragoon

No where was he saying to go smoke pot, or anything. It was news. Just like all the other news posts there are posted here. And anyways, all the other threads dealing with cannibus and the sort HAVE been deleted. And you can make it not effect you by not clicking on the thread. Its not like your being forced to read this. And wtf is a fatty? |lol
Unread 09.08.03, 12:40 PM
Arkane

Yeah, I thought about that afterwards... it is an actual news event. This particular post is probably not the best illustration of my point, since I agree... it's news

A better example might have been someone's avatar- which might have ... let's just say "suggestive" content in terms of lighting up. I can have an avatar or a sig with weed in it- but I can't have an avatar or sig with a beautiful, naked woman.
Unread 09.08.03, 01:34 PM
Ogyrvran

I want a sig with Ark naked in it. is that so wrong?
Unread 09.08.03, 02:14 PM
Arkane

You already HAVE that... what did you do with it? Please don't make me do all that again... |wow
Unread 09.08.03, 02:46 PM
DEDfish

Well.......... 2 people in this post have met me in person...I'd like to think I gave the impression I had some level of intelligence..... |eyes

I did weigh out the negatives this post may birth, but have yet to really see many people recognizing this to be an important event...........or an event at all.
When a country adopts a drug & includes it in thier meds to prescribe,& this country is just as technologically advanced as us................yet we demonize anyone that does the drug here for medical or recreational use...................we have to ask some questions don't we?

But then again................I'm a realist
Unread 09.08.03, 03:19 PM
JuggerNaught

A suggestive avatar, like something showing paraphenalia (sp) would get taken off after a warning. It is kind of a tough call..because its actually is a news piece about a law. Now if this news piece about a law was followed up by instructions of how to take advantage of the law...that would be slapped down pretty quick. If the newspiece was followed up by instructions of how to take advantage of the law....and an image of 2 naked lesbians smeared in birthday cake...taking advantage of said law...the picture would be saved..THEN the post would be slapped down :

Tags
ammendment, medical, world