Go Back   SZONE.US Forums > Current Events > News > National Rifle Association

National Rifle Association National Rifle Association, for more than 125 years the NRA has provided generations of Americans with programs focused on safety, education and responsibility.

National Rifle Association

Women taking aim: More women buying guns

Views:181
Unread 05.24.11, 08:48 AM

Posted: 05.24.11 01:56 AM

"I was a victim of a crime. A rape crime," says a woman who wants to go by the name 38 Special K (not her real name). But a .38 Special is her weapon of choice. And she knows how to use it. 9NEWS NOW caught up with "38 Special" at Sharpshooters in Lorton. "It's like putting on lipstick. It's just part of my make up." "38 Special" is a member of the Meet Up group Shooting Divas of DMV (District, Maryland and Virginia). "I was quite scared of guns. They scared me to death," says 38 Special. That was before she met Tina Wilson Cohen. Wilson Cohen's background is in law enforcement, including working for the U.S. Secret Service and the Federal Air Marshall program. She is an National Rifle Association (NRA) certified firearms instructor and the founder of the Protected Citizens Shooting Academy in Centreville, Virginia which is home to the Shooting Divas of DMV.

Read About It: WUSA

Posted: 5/24/2011 9:56:30 AM

Note: Many news sites archive stories after a short period of time. If the link above is expired please contact the site for information about accessing this story.
Copyright 2011, National Rifle Association of America, Institute for Legislative Action.
This may be reproduced. It may not be reproduced for commercial purposes.
11250 Waples Mill Road, Fairfax, VA 22030 800-392-8683
Contact Us | Privacy & Security Policy

Source: http://www.nraila.org/News/Read/InTheNews.aspx?ID=15151