Go Back   SZONE.US Forums > Do it yourself (DIY) > Web Tips

Web Tips Tips and tricks specializing in programming languages of the web. ie. PHP, MYSQL, XHTML, CSS, etc

Install APC on Windows and Apache

Views:16737
Unread 05.10.08, 06:24 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zachariah Boren Send a message via MSN to Zachariah Boren Send a message via twitter to Zachariah Boren
Install APC on Windows and Apache

Alternative PHP Cache (APC) is a free and open opcode cache for PHP.

Quote:
What is PECL?
PECL is a repository for PHP Extensions, providing a directory of all known extensions and hosting facilities for downloading and development of PHP extensions.

The packaging and distribution system used by PECL is shared with its sister, PEAR
Installing APC on Windows is simple task to do. Unfortunately, looking for the .dll file is not! The DLL's used to enable this in PHP4 to PHP6 can be found here at PECL. Please choose the correct version based on your PHP version installed on your webserver.

Download and save the php_apc.dll file to your PHP extensions folder. On my PC, this folder is located here:
c:\php\ext

As soon as you have successfully downloaded the file, you will have to edit your php.ini. Open php.ini with your favourite text editor and insert a line like this:

Code:
;extension=php_yaz.dll
;extension=php_zip.dll
extension=php_apc.dll
Since I have no reason to tweak the APC configurations, I didn't insert any custom APC configuration values to the php.ini file. But if this is what you want to do, some of these options need to be set inside your php.ini file.

One such configuration option is the:
Code:
apc.shm_size	"30"	PHP_INI_SYSTEM
For those of you who don't already know it, the PHP_INI_SYSTEM in there means that this directive may only be set in the php.ini or Apache's httpd.conf files.

Save the php.ini file and restart Apache and you're ready to experiment using APC functions in your php scripts.

Mr Floris did a blog on Installing APC on CentOS 5 Server
Unread 01.03.12, 12:23 AM

Thanks a lot i was searching for this for very long time, actually i recently join this forum and i hope got lot of such useful information in future.

Tags
apache, apc, install, windows