Go Back   SZONE.US Forums > Current Events > News

News In The Now

Rep. Jeff Miller: The Battlefield Cross

Views:4237
Unread 08.14.11, 06:20 PM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to Steve Boren Send a message via MSN to Steve Boren Send a message via Yahoo to Steve Boren Send a message via twitter to Steve Boren

I had just arrived in the Middle East when news of an American helicopter shot down spread through our group. We knew U.S. troops had been killed, but how many? Who? How? The next day, as we received more detail, I knew our country had suffered a horrific loss, a tragedy. As we set out for their battlefield memorial, I knew I did not know these troops who had fallen. But I know of their sacrifice. I know of their courage. And I know I will carry this moment with me forever as a grave reminder of gracious respect for those who serve and those who sacrifice.

A total of 40 were honored tonight, including 38 from the devastating helicopter attack and two killed in separate incidents. All died fighting a hero's fight.

Read more now.

#CFIF
Center for Individual Freedom. based in Alexandria, Virginia, is a nonprofit, 501(c)(4) corporation that relies on private financial support from individuals, associations, foundations and corporations. For more information, please call us at 703-535-5836. http://www.cfif.org
Founded in 1998, the Center for Individual Freedom (www.cfif.org) is a Constitutional and free-market advocacy organization with more than 250,000 supporters and activists nationwide. CFIF opposes over-burdensome state and federal regulations, as well as taxation, that impedes the evolution of the Internet and e-commerce. CFIF maintains www.StopNetRegulation.org, a website explaining Net Neutrality, why it will stifle Internet innovation and job growth, and how to get involved.

Tags
battlefield, cross, jeff, miller, rep