Go Back   SZONE.US Forums > Hobby Talk > Humor

Humor Fun, jokes, and gut busters.

A dose of strange-but-true tales

Views:2264
Unread 11.16.09, 04:50 AM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to Steve Boren Send a message via MSN to Steve Boren Send a message via Yahoo to Steve Boren Send a message via twitter to Steve Boren
A dose of strange-but-true tales

Dear Friend,

It's time for something I haven't shared with you in a while... a special "weird, wacky and wild" edition of the Daily Dose because sometimes laughter really is the best medicine.

And besides, these tales are just too crazy to keep to myself.

When coffee is a crime

If you can't be nude in your own home, where can you shed your clothes? Eric Williamson, a 29-year-old Virginia man, was arrested for having a cup of coffee in his own home... in the buff. Police say a woman and her child saw him though the window while they were cutting through his front yard, and cited him for indecent exposure.

The woman who saw him just happens to be married to a police officer. Somehow, I suspect that if he had cut through her yard, looked in her window, and saw her nude... he'd still be the one in jail.

Reefer madness

Journalism is going up in smoke... Westword, a weekly newspaper in Denver, is looking for a pothead with some writing skills for what must seem like a drug-induced dream: a job reviewing marijuana.

Colorado allows the sale and use of medical marijuana, and the paper says its reviewer must have an ailment that allows him or her to legally purchase it. But with pot prices of up to $130 an ounce, the paper says someone needs to be able to tell customers which ones are worth the (medical) money. Talk about your Rocky Mountain highs!

Who needs a dog?

A Georgia woman found out that sometimes it pays to be "barking" mad. Police say she managed to scare a would-be burglar off by pretending she had a dog.

The tactic is nothing new some of my dogless neighbors put up "BEWARE OF DOG" signs. But in this case, police say the woman crouched down behind the door when the intruder tried to open it... and began to act like a dog, according to The Athens Banner-Herald. The man ran off. I wonder if that'll work on salesmen, too.

And if you think that's odd, wait until you see what I've got next... like a drunken driving conviction for a man in an easy chair.

William Campbell Douglass II, M.D.

Tags
dose, strangebuttrue, tales, william campbell douglass