Go Back   SZONE.US Forums > Current Events > News > National Rifle Association

National Rifle Association National Rifle Association, for more than 125 years the NRA has provided generations of Americans with programs focused on safety, education and responsibility.

National Rifle Association

New Administration

Views:565
Unread 03.01.09, 05:30 PM

New Administration

As a new administration takes charge of the nation, our work defending firearms freedom enters a new chapter. I hope his administration respects the Second Amendment Rights of all law abiding citizens.

Gun owners, however, cannot rely on hope. We must, as always, rely on ourselves and each other to continue the unending fight to preserve our civil rights - that eternal vigil which is, indeed, the price of liberty. Make no mistake: There will be renewed, emboldened attempts to infringe on our rights. Politicians will try to ban entire classes of firearms. They will try to tax and regulate ammunition to the point that ordinary Americans simply can't afford it. And they will try to silence those who warn voters about their actions.

That's why I'm asking you to help make the NRA stronger than ever before. If you recruited a new member last year, I'm asking you to sign up two, or three, or four. If you've never recruited a new member, I'm asking you to take that step today.

Renew your membership if it's expired, and buy memberships for your kids and relatives. We must have as strong and as large an organization as possible if we're going to beat back the gun-control legislation already being introduced in Congress and in statehouses around the country.

This is a time for activism, not apathy. We must let those in power know we're watching and we're listening. We must stand with deeper ranks and broader strength and more resolve than ever. So that if it becomes necessary - and I believe it will - this Association will swiftly act with the formidable unity and dogged resolve that have proven us the singular and most potent guardian of this freedom so essential to a free state.

Source: www.nranews.com

Tags
administration