Go Back   SZONE.US Forums > Current Events > News > Personal Liberty

Personal Liberty Bob Livingston provides you with a conservative, Christian view on life. Helping you live free in an unfree world. Delivering news on improving you health, boosting your wealth, and protecting your civil liberties."

Personal Liberty

Business owner tired of false controversy replaces Confederate with Nazi flag outside

Views:134
Unread 08.19.15, 02:39 PM

Business owner tired of false controversy replaces Confederate with Nazi flag outside

08.19.15 12:28 PM

FACEBOOK/SEVEN on Second owner Anthony Harris, left, with a customer.

Georgia business owner Anthony Harris is making a point about free speech and oversensitivity in the U.S. by flying a different controversial flag in front of his store each week. This week, he’s featuring a World War II Nazi naval flag emblazoned with an iron cross and swastika.

“I just want people to realize that it’s a flag,” Harris told Macon-area station WGXA-TV. “Don’t get so much in an uproar about it; it’s good to have a conversation about it; it’s good to address it, but there’s no need to want to kill someone over it.”

According to reports, the Nazi flag replaced a Confederate flag that had hung outside his art shop a week later and drawn complaints from some members of the community.

Harris pointed out that the sudden controversy over his Confederate display was funny considering he’d flown a Celtic cross flag, a favorite symbol among neo-Nazi skinhead types.

“No one complained an iota about [that] one,” he said. “Two words: Media Propaganda.”

Indeed.

As for his current display, Harris said he expects the Kriegsmarine flag to cause uproar and, he hopes, start a conversation.

“If you are one of those that feels the need to vent your anger keep in mind that the swastika was originally a Hindu symbol that meant ‘Good luck’. Hitler stole it. Just as a bunch or redneck racists stole the Confederate flag,” he told locals via Facebook. “Also, keep in mind that my Grandfather, Walter Meyer, fought for and died under the German regime in World War II. If you can honor your dead relatives that were veterans, I can honor mine. But most of all, remember that it is just a flag. So quit stressing yourself out. Have a great week.”

The post Business owner tired of false controversy replaces Confederate with Nazi flag outside shop appeared first on Personal Liberty®.

http://personalliberty.com/business-...-outside-shop/