Go Back   SZONE.US Forums > Current Events > News > Americans For Prosperity

Americans For Prosperity Americans for Prosperity (AFP) and Americans for Prosperity Foundation (AFP Foundation) are committed to educating citizens about economic policy and mobilizing those citizens as advocates in the public policy process. AFP is an organization of grassroots leaders who engage citizens in the name of limited government and free markets on the local, state and federal levels. The grassroots members of AFP advocate for public policies that champion the principles of entrepreneurship and fiscal and regulatory restraint.

Americans For Prosperity

How one independent contractor built his photojournalism career ? and might lose it b

Views:188
Unread 11.16.20, 04:57 PM

How one independent contractor built his photojournalism career ? and might lose it b

11.16.20 07:00 AM

Brian Feulner, a California-based photojournalist, fears his state’s anti-independent contracting law could handcuff him to an employment status he tried — and shed — years ago: a full-time employee. Brian earned his college degree in photojournalism in 2005 and soon put his education and skills to use in California’s newspaper industry. He was employed by small newspapers at first, and then worked his way up to some of the nation’s largest. He managed to weather the recession that eviscerated the newspaper industry and paid off huge student loans that came with following his dream. It wasn’t until Brian landed a photo editor position at a prominent California newspaper that he realized full-time employment simply wasn’t for him. “I wanted a chance to be in control of my income and to choose the type of work that I wanted to do. I wanted to follow the path of being an independent photographer,” recalls Brian. So, after several long years working for someone else, Brian left the large-market newspaper on good terms and began freelancing for them as often as he could. The role changed from manager back to photojournalist. “And I loved it,” he says. The benefits of being an independent […]

The post How one independent contractor built his photojournalism career – and might lose it because of California’s AB 5 appeared first on Americans for Prosperity.

https://americansforprosperity.org/h...ifornias-ab-5/