Go Back   SZONE.US Forums > Current Events > News > Americans For Prosperity

Americans For Prosperity Americans for Prosperity (AFP) and Americans for Prosperity Foundation (AFP Foundation) are committed to educating citizens about economic policy and mobilizing those citizens as advocates in the public policy process. AFP is an organization of grassroots leaders who engage citizens in the name of limited government and free markets on the local, state and federal levels. The grassroots members of AFP advocate for public policies that champion the principles of entrepreneurship and fiscal and regulatory restraint.

Americans For Prosperity

Senators David Perdue and Ron Johnson discuss potential state bailout legislation wit

Views:167
Unread 05.09.20, 05:44 AM

Senators David Perdue and Ron Johnson discuss potential state bailout legislation wit

05.08.20 07:55 AM

Americans for Prosperity*President Tim Phillips*and Chief Executive Officer Emily Seidel spoke with Senators David Perdue and Ron Johnson over a*teletownhall*last week*to*discuss*why*the*congressional proposal to send bailouts to the states and localities*is a bad idea. These bailouts, the senators explained,*unfairly privilege states whose poor fiscal condition predates the coronavirus pandemic.*Meanwhile, states that have*historically*managed their budgets more responsibly are left*footing the bill. Senator Perdue noted that*the federal government’s already-high level of debt makes*an additional massive spending bill potentially disastrous. This is the reality that we have right now. I have a debt clock in my office in Washington. It spends at about $100,000 per second. We had about $23 trillion in debt before COVID-19. We’ve added $2.9 trillion of spending in this relief package that I just outlined. … I just don’t know*how that is possible [to grant these bailouts], frankly, until we [address] the $2.9 trillion that’s already been spent. We had about $1.2 trillion*this year in budget shortfall, and so now we’re looking at just the debt, itself … going from $23 trillion to $27 trillion. Responding to an audience member’s question, Perdue added, “It’s not fair to the states, and to the citizens of these states, to subsidize these other […]

The post Senators David Perdue and Ron Johnson discuss potential state bailout legislation with Americans for Prosperity appeared first on Americans for Prosperity.

https://americansforprosperity.org/s...or-prosperity/