Go Back   SZONE.US Forums > Current Events > News > Personal Liberty

Personal Liberty Bob Livingston provides you with a conservative, Christian view on life. Helping you live free in an unfree world. Delivering news on improving you health, boosting your wealth, and protecting your civil liberties."

Personal Liberty

Torch Carrier Now Carries A Spelling Error

Views:59

Old 07.20.12, 10:28 AM

Torch Carrier Now Carries A Spelling Error

07.20.12 05:19 AM

ATLANTA, (UPI) — A U.S. woman celebrated her role in the London Olympic Torch relay with a tattoo, only to discover her arm now reads “Oylmpic Torch Bearer 2012,” she said.

Jerri Peterson, 54, of Atlanta, Ga., carried the torch through Derby, England, June 30 after she was one of 70 people nominated for the honor by her employer, a hotel chain, for her years of charity work, the BBC reported Thursday.

Returning to America she decided to commemorate the honor with her first tattoo, but the artist misspelled a crucial word.

“I looked at it was so disappointed. I called my husband and he giggled a little bit. Then I started laughing about it and I’ve been laughing ever since,” she said of the discovery.

Peterson said the artist “felt so bad when he found out. He wanted to fix it but I decided to keep it. It’s the Oy-lmpics. It’s a unique as I am.”

http://personalliberty.com/2012/07/2...pelling-error/