Go Back   SZONE.US Forums > Current Events > News > National Rifle Association

National Rifle Association National Rifle Association, for more than 125 years the NRA has provided generations of Americans with programs focused on safety, education and responsibility.

National Rifle Association

Disrespecting the Vote

Views:230
Unread 03.01.09, 04:30 PM

Disrespecting the Vote

"Try me boy, you better not/
Shawty and I'm very hot/
Toting forty cap, forty five nine's every glock/
Blow you up in that very spot you standing in/
Then vanishing/
Undo this mañana then, throw away this can and then/
Back to poppin' mo and blow and dro and money handlin'"

-T.I. "Hands Up"

Do these sound like the lyrics of someone who should be welcomed with open arms by D.C. politicians? It's unbelievable, but it's true. D.C. Councilwoman Yvette Alexander praised the rapper T.I. when he arrived in our nation's capitol as part of the "Respect My Vote" campaign.

Alexander told a local radio station that "we need the persons who really reach out to our young people in the community to let them know that voting is necessary, voting is cool, and your voice and your vote counts."

But Alexander didn't tell that radio station that T.I. is a convicted felon who has forfeited his right to vote because of his convictions for illegally buying machine guns, being a felon in possession of a firearm, and other charges. In a city plagued by violent crime, law-abiding gun owners are being vilified daily, but this guy is welcomed with open arms? Do you think this might be part of the reason why crime is so rampant in Washington, D.C.?

Source: www.nranews.com

Tags
disrespecting, vote