Go Back   SZONE.US Forums > Current Events > News > National Rifle Association

National Rifle Association National Rifle Association, for more than 125 years the NRA has provided generations of Americans with programs focused on safety, education and responsibility.

National Rifle Association

D.C.'s New Gun Laws, Part 1

Views:436
Unread 03.01.09, 05:30 PM

D.C.'s New Gun Laws, Part 1

Washington, D.C., must be looking for more court fights, because the City Council recently passed a bill that'll trigger yet another legal battle over Second Amendment rights.

Instead of respecting the Supreme Court's decision in D.C. v. Heller, the Council passed a bill that ignores the high court's ruling.

Over the next few days, I'll be talking about just some of the dirty secrets buried in D.C.'s new anti-gun laws.

Let's start with one provision that should have privacy rights advocates furious. In addition to the requirement to re-register a firearm every three years, the Council makes gun owners submit a letter every year to inform the city whether they still own that gun, and if not, why not!

They've mandated you tell them "how and why" you disposed of the firearm, and that you disclose "any person or persons" that may now be in possession of the firearm.

So if you give your shotgun to your granddaughter in West Virginia, the D.C. Council wants to know why you did so, how the transfer was conducted and who your granddaughter is.

And they think this respects the Second Amendment rights of Americans? It's an outrage!

In my next post, I'll talk about how California is coming to the District of Columbia.

Source: www.nranews.com

Tags
gun, laws