Go Back   SZONE.US Forums > Current Events > Science > Health

Health Who we are, what we are, and what we need

Medical

FDA warns Propecia can cause sexual dysfunction

Views:2660
Unread 05.07.12, 11:41 AM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to Steve Boren Send a message via MSN to Steve Boren Send a message via Yahoo to Steve Boren Send a message via twitter to Steve Boren

You don't have to suffer a prostate problem to be given a dangerous and emasculating prostate drug -- just tell your doc you want more hair.

The "magic hair-come-back pill" he'll almost certainly offer you is Propecia, which is really just a smaller dose of finasteride -- aka the prostate drug Proscar. And like most prostate treatments, it "works" by cutting off your flow of manly hormones.

Naturally, you'll be less of a man as a result. More specifically, you may have to kiss your sex life goodbye...

But hey, at least you'll have a great head of hair.

If all this sounds familiar, it's because I've warned you about this bad med before. I mention it again not only because some men clearly haven't gotten the message -- but because now, even the FDA has woken up just long enough to issue its own warning.

The feds say finasteride has been reported to kill your erections -- and if you do manage to get it up, it can prevent you from having an orgasm.

Frankly, I don't know which is worse: Being unable to start, or unable to finish.

In addition to taking away the ability, it can rob you of the desire by sapping your libido. And if all that's not enough, it has also been linked to other ejaculatory problems including poor sperm quality and even infertility.

And for the icing on the cake, decreased libido can last even after you stop taking the drug. Since many men start losing their hair again when they stop the drug, you won't even have that luxurious mane to console you.

If you're not ready to slap a "BALD IS BEAUTIFUL" bumper sticker on your car, I've got some good news: You CAN get your hair back without risking your sex life in the process.

I shared all the details in the October 2010 issue of my Douglass Report newsletter. If you're not already a subscriber you can sign up here and read all about it in my online archives.

No drugs... no expensive and smelly shampoos... no hair weaves... just the one thing your body needs to stop the shedding and regrow your hair.

WilliamCampbell Douglass II, M.D.

Tags
dysfunction, fda, propecia, sexual, warns