Go Back   SZONE.US Forums > Current Events > News > Americans For Prosperity

Americans For Prosperity Americans for Prosperity (AFP) and Americans for Prosperity Foundation (AFP Foundation) are committed to educating citizens about economic policy and mobilizing those citizens as advocates in the public policy process. AFP is an organization of grassroots leaders who engage citizens in the name of limited government and free markets on the local, state and federal levels. The grassroots members of AFP advocate for public policies that champion the principles of entrepreneurship and fiscal and regulatory restraint.

Americans For Prosperity

Obama's Outrageous Health Care Rationer, Donald Berwick

Views:223

Old 07.07.10, 07:15 PM

Obama's Outrageous Health Care Rationer, Donald Berwick

07.07.10 10:13 AM

In response to the Obama administration's recess-appointment of Dr. Donald Berwick to run the Center for Medicare and medicaid Services, AFP VP for Policy Phil Kerpen issued the following statement:
President Obama's circumvention of the Senate and public debate via the recess appointment of Dr. Donald Berwick to run the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services is the latest evidence of the president's complete disregard for the legitimate legislative process. As we've shown at http://www.ObamaChart.com, this is becoming a dominant theme of this administration.

Berwick said of the British system: "Cynics beware, I am romantic about the National Health Service; I love it. All I need to do to rediscover the romance is to look at health care in my own country. The NHS is one of the astounding human endeavours of modern times. Because you use a nation as the scale and taxation as the funding, the NHS is highly political."

read more

http://www.americansforprosperity.or...nald-berwick-0