Go Back   SZONE.US Forums > Current Events > News > Personal Liberty

Personal Liberty Bob Livingston provides you with a conservative, Christian view on life. Helping you live free in an unfree world. Delivering news on improving you health, boosting your wealth, and protecting your civil liberties."

Personal Liberty

Obama Believes He Is Representative Of All Americans

Views:106
Unread 04.16.13, 08:47 PM

Obama Believes He Is Representative Of All Americans

04.16.13 02:01 PM

Here’s your tug-at-the-heartstrings-less-than-true quote of the day from President Barack Obama.

“I think we’ve got a good chance of seeing it pass if members of Congress are listening to the American people,” Obama said during a “Today Show” interview that aired on Tuesday. “The notion that Congress would defy the overwhelming instinct of the American people after what we saw happen in Newtown, I think, is unimaginable.”

The President went on, “I think that all of us had to reflect on what we did or didn’t do after Newtown.* If the question is ‘is this potentially difficult politically because the gun lobby is paying attention and has shown no willingness to budget?’ Then the answer is yes, that’s a given. Now, if the question is what’s the right thing to do and what the American people believe in, overwhelmingly. If that’s what’s guiding members of Congress during the next couple of weeks, then this will pass.”

A recent Gallup poll indicates that only about 4 percent of the American public is concerned with the passage of new gun laws.

The only way we can figure to reconcile the President’s aforementioned quotes is to replace key words as follows:

“I think we’ve got a good chance of seeing it pass if members of Congress are listening to the American people me,” Obama said during a “Today Show” interview that aired on Tuesday. “The notion that Congress would defy the overwhelming instinct of the American people my wishes after what we saw happen in Newtown, I think, is unimaginable.”

http://personalliberty.com/2013/04/1...all-americans/