Go Back   SZONE.US Forums > Current Events > News > Personal Liberty

Personal Liberty Bob Livingston provides you with a conservative, Christian view on life. Helping you live free in an unfree world. Delivering news on improving you health, boosting your wealth, and protecting your civil liberties."

Personal Liberty

Give Your Immune System A Boost

Views:78
Unread 05.26.13, 11:47 PM

Give Your Immune System A Boost

05.26.13 09:01 PM

Dear Bob,

I have recently decided to start taking Vitamin D3 in the hopes of strengthening my immune system. I seem to get sick at least twice per year(I am right now), and I’m tired of relying on antibiotics to cure me. I was wondering how much D3 you would recommend I take per day (I bought 5000 UI capsules). I am 16 years old. I’m about 5 feet 11 inches tall, and I weigh roughly 145 pounds. Also, I was wondering if there is anything else you would recommend I take in order to improve my immune system and overall health.

Sincerely,

Aaron M

Dear Aaron,

There are several factors that determine how much vitamin D you should be taking: your race, complexion, the latitude at which you live, how long you are outside each day, etc. You should see a health practitioner and get tested for your current vitamin D level. Then you and the practitioner can accurately determine the amount you need. Dr. John Cannell of the Vitamin D institute says the skin will produce up to the equivalent of 10,000 IUI after about 30 minutes of full sun exposure. He suggests that for adults, daily doses exceeding 40,000 IU may be toxic. As for me, I take 30,000 IU daily and my wife takes 20,000 IU daily because she weighs 100 pounds less than I do. As for your overall health, the best thing you can do is eliminate processed foods from your diet. Eliminate soft drinks and all canned drinks from your diet. Eat whole, preferably raw, organic vegetables and meats. Reduce the amount of beef and pork overall; but with all meats, try to consume only free range meat that has not been injected with hormones and antibiotics.

Best wishes,

Bob

http://personalliberty.com/2013/05/2...ystem-a-boost/