Go Back   SZONE.US Forums > Current Events > News > Personal Liberty

Personal Liberty Bob Livingston provides you with a conservative, Christian view on life. Helping you live free in an unfree world. Delivering news on improving you health, boosting your wealth, and protecting your civil liberties."

Personal Liberty

Illinois Cream Will Be Used In Wisconsin State Fair Cream Puffs

Views:138
Unread 06.03.13, 01:01 PM

Illinois Cream Will Be Used In Wisconsin State Fair Cream Puffs

06.03.13 11:05 AM

WEST ALLIS, Wis., (UPI) –* Wisconsin’s state fair touts its traditions but this year America’s Dairyland is breaking one by turning to Illinois for cream to make its iconic cream puffs.

An Illinois cooperative, Prairie Farms, got the contract to supply 1,200 gallons of cream each day of the fair that will be used to make a total of about 350,000 cream puffs after Wisconsin’s Golden Guernsey went out of business, WISN-TV reported Thursday.

“I don’t like that. I think it should be from Wisconsin, the Dairy State,” fair-goer Jeff Fink told the Milwaukee TV station

Patti Bichler, another fair aficionado, agreed: “Yeah, I kind of do have a little problem with it.”

The fair’s cream puff booth is run by the Wisconsin Bakers’ Association, which said it couldn’t find another Wisconsin company to handle the big contract.

Prairie Farms, which includes from from several states, including Wisconsin, has agreed to include as much milk from Wisconsin dairy farms as it can, the association said.

Kristi Chuckel of the Wisconsin State Fair said the idea of using out-of-state cream was troubling at first.

“It certainly concerns us, but really the quality of the product and the fact that they work with Wisconsin farmers, really sealed the deal for us,” Chuckel said.

Gov. Scott Walker, known for trying to lure businesses away from Illinois, has weighed in on the issue, saying he’s OK with it, WISN-TV said.

“When it comes to cream puffs, my understanding is those are still coming from Wisconsin dairy farms,” Walker said.

http://personalliberty.com/2013/06/0...r-cream-puffs/